|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||1,106 ft (337 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|FIPS code||20-73450 |
|GNIS ID||479316 |
Vassar is an unincorporated community in Osage County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2020 census, the population of the community and nearby areas was 584. It is located 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of Lyndon, also about half a mile south of Pomona Lake.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Vassar has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Vassar, Kansas", Geographic Names Information System, United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior
- "Profile of Vassar, Kansas (CDP) in 2020". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 4, 2022. Retrieved June 4, 2022.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- ZIP Code Lookup
- 1915-1918 Stouffer's railroad map of Kansas; Kansas Historical Society.
- Climate Summary for Vassar, Kansas